Sunday, January 28, 2007

Blogspot aye.

While imbibing some finewyne with finefrens, one fine specimen asked why I chose to do my blogging with Blogger. Allow me to disclose that I am a partner in a technology company with rather decent funding from a venture capitalist to develop digital TV technologies. As such, the company has a server farm, and the farm is at my disposal.

Well, for one thing, the farm belongs to the company, of which is not entirely mine. Still, the resources used by this blog is negligible, in the scale of things. Plus, one does enjoy certain privileges when one is a partner.

I guess the main reason I chose Blogger is one that is more academic, than anything else. I want the Blogger 'experience' first hand. Services like this can be likened as the proletariats of the blogosphere. Many things are not actually in your control. You rent this space -- paying for it by contributing to the domain by working on your sub-domain. It's a community, and while you stand alone, you stand together.

Yes. I chose to be here, by choice and not circumstance. Besides, how will I know the service benchmark for the should I one day choose to include a blog space for the services I will launch. Call it first-hand competitor analysis.

No comments: