I like Nokia. The phones are so-so, and yes I do love the design element that they have introduced to counter loss of market share. That, however, is not the reason I like them. They once spoke of 'Human Technology' and kept largely to that idea. They put humanity in front of technology, which is something generally lost on humans involved in the business of technology. The irony cannot be any richer.
Which brings me to a story that might clue you in on how Yahoo lost their lead in the business of internet, and in my opinion, have no chance in hell in regaining it back from Yahoo.
It is a tale that demonstrates how Flickr -- a powerful internet brand in it's own right -- might be treating people whom have loved them, like how people treat technology. Without empathy, and devoid of any form of comprehension on how people want to be treated.
Mr. Brown was told to Flick Off. I would not give a flying flick about companies who treat people this way.
Friday, February 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Mack! Fancy finding you back in the bloggerhood... funny enough, it was thru a comment you left on Nila Tanzil's blog. Funny as in unexpected, that is. ;-)
It's good to see you back, and blogging about what you love, i.e. technology. Which is something I'm interested, too, but the socio-political side of me has been working so hard that there's usually no energy left to blog about other things. Strange and interesting times we live in now...
Anyways, I won't make a big fuss about "finding you" or anything like that, worry not. I just wanted to drop u a note to say Hi...
Take care 'n PEACE!
p.s. oh, I remember the last comment you left on my blog, before you went on your sabbatical... yes, it would be an honor to have you guest blog anytime... You know where to find me ;-)
Post a Comment